Gardens and Parks Department
Today, the Gardens and Parks Department of the Municipality is manned with an Agriculturist, 3 Caretakers and about 35 Workers and they have modern machines for the maintenance of more than 150 green areas within the Municipal Limits of Larnaka and many of them also have their own playground.
The policy of the Municipality is to redesign the existing parks in densely populated areas of the city and to reconstruct them with new paths and playgrounds.
Main Activities of the Gardens and Parks Department:
- Planting and maintenance of trees and bushes in parks and streets.
- Installation and maintenance of toys in parks.
- Pruning of trees on pavements.
- Maintenance of traffic islands and roundabouts.
- Taking care and maintenance of Athinon Avenue (Finikoudes), the Municipal Garden and Mackenzie Beach.
- Production of little trees and seasonal flowers for the flowerbeds of the city.
During 2007, the Municipality has already reformed the following areas:
- Park of Agios Eleftherios Square in Makarios III Settlement.
- Green area in Komotini, Edessa and Florina streets in Larnaka.
The reformation of the area in the following streets is soon being scheduled:
- Green area in Kantaras street in Larnaka.
- Green area in Kalymnos street in Larnaka.
- Sonia’s Park in Zakynthos and Baldaseridou streets.
- Green area in Trikomo and Filomila street in Kokkines Settlement.
- “Christodoulos Yiangou Sofokleous” Park in Spyridonos Trikoupi and Vasiliou Avgerinou streets in Larnaka.
- Green area in Rizokarpaso street, in Tsiakkileros Settelement.
- “Tapa-Hana” Park in Larnaka
- Green area in Yialousa street in Tsiakkileros Settlement.
- Green area in Kokkines Settlement.
- Green area in Paul Dara street in Larnaka.
- Green area in Luther King Street in Larnaka.